Friday, May 4

A bunch of pregnancy photos all rolled into one

Ok, so I've been really slacking on the photos.  I am not like every other pregnant person out there who takes weekly photos of their belly.  It's not like I don't want to - it's fun to look back and see how small I was when I thought I was huge.  I just never get around to it.  Weeks go by really fast!  Plus, everyone else looks really cute in their pregnancy photos and I look HORRIBLE.  I swear in some of these photos I look like I'm 50 years old and half drunk.  I would never say I'm an attractive person but I think I have some cute moments - apparently my cuteness is hiding behind my large frame, because it is nowhere to be found!

However, here are some photos so you can see how big I'm getting.  And by big, I mean big.  Everyday people tell me "Wow, it looks like you've popped!" and I'd like to point out that normal people don't "pop" until month seven.  I popped at month three.  Ok, on with the photos:

Week 6ish


Ok - so I wasn't showing too much here but my pants were already getting tight and a tad bit uncomfortable.  And I was tired and nauseous A LOT.  And I was traipsing around Guatemala!

Week 9ish


I would just like to say that I was really sick in this photo and felt like I was dying from a brain explosion.  I really just had a sinus infection but it was really, really bad and I could barely move my head without crying.  Please excuse my ugly face!  I'd also like to mention that I felt really big in this photo - I had no idea what was coming...
 
Week 12ish


I thought I would keep doing poses in the same outfit but then decided that as I got bigger I didn't want to be in skin-tight clothes and those clothes don't fit anymore anyway! 

Week 16ish


Yeah, I got behind and went a month without taking a photo.  The design of this shirt makes it hard to see my size, but I'm definitely pregnant.  At least my mom worked at Motherhood Maternity and outfitted me with lots of cute clothes.  I think I have cuter maternity clothes than real clothes!

Week 18ish


Just getting bigger and bigger!  I was standing on my tip-toes in hopes that you could see that my legs are still normal-sized.  Not sure if you can tell that though.

Week 22ish


This picture was actually taken today - my hair was still wet and I am a funny pale color.  I'm not sure why people make maternity clothes with horizontal stripes, but this dress is so comfy I wear it anyway.  It really makes my boobs look ginormous and saggy, but I eventually put a tank-top on under it and it doesn't look so bad.  I don't think. 

 End of Pregnancy Glamor Shots...

So, although I am complaining non-stop about my size, I am actually REALLY enjoying pregnancy.  I was really sick and miserable the first three months and wanted to cry because I didn't like food anymore (I love food and it's sad when nothing is appealing).  However, at about week 13 things took a change for the better and it's been all sunshine and rainbows since then.  No, really, it has!

Here's a list of things that aren't happening to me yet and I hope don't happen for a while:
  1. I don't have to go to the bathroom all the time (this is probably a sign that I need to drink more, but I feel like I'm drinking a lot).
  2. I have no problems sleeping yet - I can sleep through the entire night without waking up (this might have to do with #1).
  3. No mysterious leg cramps (people warned me about Charlie horses but I try to eat a banana every day and pretend that that is keeping the cramps away).
  4. I'm not starving all the time yet and haven't had any real cravings.  I do notice that I am gravitating toward foods I ate as a child (mac and cheese, fish sticks, grilled cheese, etc.), but that's about it.
  5. I have no unusual pains or annoyances.  I am trying to walk about 2-3 miles a day during the week and 6-10 miles on the weekend and other than regular soreness from that, I feel great.  I am going a tad bit slower each day, but I don't mind one bit.
  6. No crazy mood swings.  Ok, so maybe you should ask my husband about this, but I feel like I'm fairly emotionally stable.  I have had a few outbursts but all for good reasons (in my opinion).  I've only felt really sad a couple of times and most of the time life is good.
  7. No heartburn yet!

So, I wanted to make this list so that when third trimester comes along and I'm miserable I can see how great it used to be!  I am really just waiting for the misery to begin - I highly doubt I'm gonna make it through this entire pregnancy without a drastic change in #1-7.  I am just really basking in the 2nd Trimester honeymoon, as people call it.

Make sure to remind me of how much I love being pregnant when I hit Week 30!

Ok, I hope that that is enough of an update for you!  I promise I'll eventually talk about something besides pregnancy soon, I'm just not sure when that'll be.

It'll happen though.

Oh, and maybe you'll get a kick out of this:


This is my tea this morning.  What is that floating in it?  Well, I had meant to put some chopped walnuts into my oatmeal this morning and I accidentally poured them into my tea instead.  Very annoying!

At least it's Friday!!!!

12 comments:

  1. You look amazing. I really enjoyed pregnancy too, I had no problems until the end it was a bit hard putting on socks and shoes. And I loved the pregnancy clothes as well, so much more comfortable than a lot of my normal clothes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too nice Connie! And yes, I agree - pregnancy clothes are much more comfy. I am definitely breaking them out for Thanksgiving and Christmas and any other day I plan on eating my weight in food!

      Delete
  2. Kattrina - you look amazing. If you want to see what a 50 yr old drunk woman looks like -- check my blog later!! ;-)

    I LOVED being pregnant and all of the changes that came along with it. You seem to have the right idea -- surrender to it and recognise that you are no longer in charge of your own body. It has been hijacked for a greater cause. Thanks for posting the pics. I have been wondering how you are doing. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - finally another person who loves being pregnant!!! I have not meant too many people who enjoy it, but I'm having fun so far.

      Delete
  3. You are so cute! I love the pictures - I've been dying to see them. I had a really tough pregnancy (I was very sick - threw up all day every day the entire time), but I was still absolutely HAPPY. You forgot to mention feeling the baby move - has that happened yet? It took a long time for me to feel Kara move - maybe not until 26 weeks, but it's the best. Something I'll hold onto for the rest of my life.
    I know you've been thin your whole life and this is probably the biggest you've ever been, but I'll post a picture of me on my blog on my due date. I didn't end up giving birth for another week and I had a 10 and a half pound baby. lol! There's just no coming back from that....
    Keep the pictures/updates coming! I love seeing my old friend going through this amazing journey!
    Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Such a sweet comment! I have felt him move. I felt him for the first time around week 19. It was so exciting. I was sitting at work and put on some classical music and put the headphones to my belly and I felt the first kick! I was super excited. Ivan still hasn't felt him and can't wait until the kicks are big enough that he can feel them too. And I still can't believe that you had a 10 pound baby!

      Delete
  4. Yay, I think you look adorable, love your pregnant belly! So impressed with all the walking you're doing - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pregnant belly is growing on me (literally and figuratively)! I'm amazed at how walking makes me feel so much better and now that the weather is nice it's fun to be outside. Hopefully I can keep it up!

      Delete
  5. You look incredible, Kattrina! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So far I still feel good, so I'm happy about that!

      Delete
    2. Did you make your blog private? I can't seem to read it anymore?

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....